This is your theory course.
We are a person-centred academy and you will primarily be learning and practising Person-centred theory and skills.
This course also offers a brief overview of at least 2 other theoretical modalities.
The cost of the course is £1150 + £189 CPCAB registration fee
The course can be paid for in monthly instalments
The course runs on a Tuesday daytime from 9:30am – 4:30pm for 15 weeks
What can be expected from the online lessons:
The lessons will be delivered via zoom. You will need a confidential space to ensure confidentiality for yourself and your peers.
A lesson might run as follows:
– Group assembles and check-ins with each other
– There is usually some time given to admin consideration and any questions or concerns about assignment or criteria requirements
– Morning Theory – Teaching and learning – this segment is delivered interactively using a range or resources. You may be asked to engage in group discussion to partake in exercises with your peers. Your tutor may use the zoom break out rooms/ Power Point/ standard delivery / reverse classroom method.
– Afternoon experiential – this might be where you put theory into practice, working in small skills groups. There may be creative exercise with an emphasis on skills development or increasing awareness of self
– Process development (PD) group – This is where you might practice your skills in the whole group – actively listening to each other, supporting the development of self-awareness and awareness of others. You will develop an ability to explore and develop relationships within the group by being willing and developing ability to be open and authentic, express emotion appropriately and be sensitive to the needs of others.
– There will be regular short breaks throughout the day for comfort.