This is the first step in your practitioner training where you will start to learn basic counselling skills.
It is also a stand-alone skills course which can support and enhance other job roles.
The cost of the course is £1260 + £179 CPCAB registration fee
The course can be paid for in monthly instalments
The course runs on a Tuesday evening from 5:30pm – 9:30pm for 18 weeks
There are 3 Saturday workshops during the academic year, these run 10am – 4pm
A lesson might run as follows:
– Group assembles and checks in with each other
– There is usually some time given to admin consideration and any questions or
concerns about assignment or criteria requirements
– Theory – Teaching and learning – this segment is delivered interactively using arange or resources. You may be asked to engage in group discussion to partake
in exercises with your peers. Your tutor may use the break out rooms/ Power Point/ standard delivery / reverse classroom method.
– Skills Practise – this might be where you put theory into practice, working in small skills groups. There may be creative exercise with an emphasis on skills
development or increasing awareness of self
– Process development (PD) group – This is where you might practice your skills in the whole group – actively listening to each other, supporting the development of self-awareness and awareness of others. You will develop an ability to explore and develop relationships within the group by being willing and developing ability to be open and authentic, express emotion appropriately and be sensitive to the needs of others.
– There will be several short breaks throughout the evening for comfort.